I find these terms exceptionally confusing, and I am still lost trying to find my way around the ship. Someone who was thinking put teal "puffy" whales on our doors and this is PHENOMENALLY HELPFUL in trying to find my room since every hallway looks the same to me. Saying it's the port or starboard side means nothing. Yesterday on our Whale Watching, the driver would tell us where she thought the wales would be, unfortunately, most of the people on the ship figured this out before I did and had moved to the port or starboard side before I did which didn't give me a great opportunity for a good spot.
I have also figured out that Forward means the front of the ship and Aft means the back of the ship, but I can't figure out which direction is which unless I can see outside to see which direction we are moving, and then trying to figure out which side of the ship I am trying to get to is also nearly impossible. (This didn't work quite so well in Juneau though, because to get away from the pier we were actually moving to the side, then backward and swinging around because the channel is so full of sludge that you can only get in and out one way.
When I am in search of food what seems to work for me is to get on the elevator and hit the number 8. The Lido Restaurant is on the 8th floor, and I figure I'll eventually run in to it. I found the gym by accident because it is on the opposite side of the ship, and had walked the wrong way. I have taken the stairs on many occasions because they seem to be faster than the elevator, but they can be confusing, because there isn't just one set that goes straight up, but to get to our family meeting area, I have taken two different sets of stairways across the hall from each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment